Sunday, January 30, 2011

Welcome, welcome, WELCOME!!!

Art-i-query-Rose  (n) questions and queries concerning art and creativity in the life of Rose Altom

You have stumbled into an odd little blog, whose purpose is to question art in my everyday life.  It will hopefully amuse you a bit, puzzle you often, and once in a blue moon, even make you query your own creative existence.
I hope to share with you my creative endeavors.  I have been told that I hide my art like a kid hides candy from her brother.  So I will try to share both my art and my creative thoughts with all who are interested, and break out of my shy, timid shell.  I encourage you to comment, question and wax poetic!

To introduce myself, I am an artist with a passion for wildlife and nature, but only recently yanked from suburbia to the woods of Tennessee.  Culture shock!  Woods have lots of bugs!...and actually, the bugs are kind of interesting.  I am trying to learn all sorts of good, new habits, like dragging a sketchbook with me everywhere.  I have learned the hard way that it helps to bring a pencil, too!  I have discovered that I need to get down to the level of my subject to really relate to it, which is usually down in the dirt.  This occasionally puts me into awkward and embarrassing positions, but all to a good cause...really LIVING my art!

No comments: