Sunday, November 27, 2011

HOW DO YOU BREAK THROUGH A CREATIVE BLOCK?

Does your creativity bloom all the time?
You may not be normal if it does!
As with most artists, creativity for me waxes and wanes like the moon.  I can be in a high activity, creative period, and then...nothing!  I do have my little tricks to break free from the blocks, and you need a whole arsenal of tricks, since some of them work SOMETIMES, and some don't!  Occasionally, all it takes is a trip to the local gallery to be inspired by other artists.  This only works if I am not down on myself, comparing my work to the brilliantly talented 9 year old that already has a gallery contract in a big city.  Sometimes I find that communing with nature is helpful, inspiring me to create a tiny bit of that world in my studio.  Most of the time, however, just getting off on my own, to think, to dream, to plot and scheme works to break through that block.  Creativity comes from within yourself, and if you don't have a bit of alone time, it comes out in small spurts, incomplete and not quite thought out to its' conclusion.

No comments: