Tuesday, November 29, 2011

THE HUNTER AND THE HUNTED: OWL AND MOUSE




As you can tell by most of my art pieces, I am especially fond of working in pen and ink.  I love the graphic, monochromatic look of it, and the drama that it creates.  This set is part of a series I call "Hunter and the Hunted".  I hope to explore this in greater depth in the near future.  I think that doing a series of work will help me to become a bit better at what I love best.  It will also be a vehicle to communicate some of what I am feeling right now about life in this world...at this moment in time.  I guess I am a bit paranoid, but when I turn on the news and see people being targeted, their identities stolen, robberies reported daily, and on a world level seeing such religious intolerance on a massive scale....I feel like some of us are the mice and some are the predator!  Yikes!  Art is a way of communicating the artist's thoughts, feelings and heart.  I have been told by some of my instructors over the years that I am simply drawing an animal, and there is no communication at all.  I disagree.  Strongly!  Every piece I do has all of my heart and soul in it.  I do hope that you can see through the subject matter and into the depths....

No comments: