Thursday, February 2, 2012

ARTIQUERYROSE CELEBRATES ONE YEAR!



ARTIQUERYROSE is celebrating it's one year anniversary.  In looking back over the past year, I can say that the goals I set were definitely accomplished. 

I wanted to encourage my creativity and self-confidence. ...... I tried a variety of new techniques in my artwork.  I failed a lot of times, but the blog gave me the courage to try again, and gain confidence as I went along.  I had been afraid to fail...hence, I wasn't producing much.  I have created more this year than in the past 20 years!

I wanted to communicate the struggle an average artist goes through daily.  I tried to express my emotions and creative path as best as I could.  I showed the bad as well as the good, trying to be as honest and open as possible.  I am not a perfect artist, much as I would like to be.  I will probably never be a famous artist, but I would like to be an expressive artist who makes a tiny bit of difference in this world.

I occasionally pick up a publication that features blogging, trying to do my best to keep the attention of my audience.  The featured bloggers write about making lots of loyal friends and getting an incredible amount of support from their readers.  I don't know if they are exaggerating, or I have a very quiet group of readers, as this has NOT been my experience.  I only know people read my blog because my statistics have steadily increased over the year.  It is my hope in the next year that I will hear from more of you, get to know some of you, so that we might encourage each other along the path of creativity.

I would like to feature a few budding artists out there on the blog...a guest artist or two or three.

 I want to continue to push myself, find new ways to express what is in my heart through painting, and move forward....not stagnate as my lazy self would enjoy doing.  I am a horrendous procrastinator and love to curl up with a good book, a crossword puzzle and admire other artist's work.  It is very difficult for me to unwrap my cozy cocoon and inch out into the scary world of art.

So, hello new year! I expect big things of you!

No comments: