Monday, May 19, 2014

HAPPY PLACE #2 : SUNSET ON THE LAKE PAINTING

 
I am still working on finding my happy place, and getting out of the emotional slump that only family can provide.  This is an imaginary place, from a memory of one of my women's retreats to Land Between the Lakes.  I found the horizon line to look a bit crooked, even though I measured it, and I think it is a visual problem with the slope of the hills and trees. Nevertheless, I am quite pleased with the effect, and I worked diligently on representing both cirrus and stratus clouds in a believable manner.  When I was much younger, I did some flight schools, and my favorite thing about them was to fly through and above the clouds.  While I would have liked to go on to be a pilot, the fuel became too expensive to log enough hours, so I continued with my pursuit to become an artist.  Still, clouds are close to my heart as a subject!

No comments: