Thursday, May 8, 2014

My Happy Place #1


It is amazing how emotional stress can really drop you into the abyss...it has taken me a few weeks to be able to paint again.  When I did start painting, it was in my mind to go to my 'happy place'.  So here is "My Happy Place #1".  It is an image out of my imagination.  A combination of golden fields from Wyoming, vineyards of California, and forests of the Midwest.  I worked hard to make the cumulus clouds believable.  This is a painting done in acrylic on a 5"x5" canvas.  I have already begun "Happy Place #2", so stay tuned!  Oh, and I am trying to listen to that inner voice that tells me when to STOP painting.  Usually I want to add detail, make everything perfect, and smooth.  This time I stopped in time to leave some really good shadows in the golden fields...Yeah!

No comments: