Saturday, September 17, 2011

CHOPPING WOOD: INK ILLUSTRATION



While I am busy working on a painting, I thought that I would dig into my archives, and share with you an illustration that I did for the cover of a spouses' magazine during our military days.  This was a September cover, with the main story of the magazine dealing with the safe use of fireplaces.  We were living on an historic base that used to be a fort for the army in the days of cowboys and cavalry.  All of our homes were on the historic register, and most had at least 2 fireplaces, some of which were usable.  The house we lived in had three fireplaces, and only one was working.  It had the worst draft ever!  We had to open the door to get an updraft for the fire...not the greatest thing to do in -10 degree weather.  We used it very seldom!

No comments: