Sunday, April 29, 2012

ACORN STUDY IN INK



There were so many acorns left after the mild winter that we had, that I am having to rake them up in the yard to keep them from sprouting.  I already have over 100 tree starts all over the front yard...lazy squirrels!  I read somewhere that our ancestors would grind acorn nuts and use it as flour, but I think I also read that it is poisonous.  No wonder our ancestors didn't live past 35!  On a creative note....does something strike you as off about this sketch?  It is leaning just slightly to the left.  My sketchbook support was crooked and I didn't notice until after I had finished...Posture!  I need to remember my posture and my workspace!

1 comment:

Rose Altom said...

I am confused as to why I am not getting any comments critiquing or supporting my work. Good, bad, or indifferent, I wish that I could get some sort of response that shows me I am making a tiny ripple of difference in someone's consciousness. Possibly there is noone out there, and I am blogging to dead cyber air...or possibly my system is messed up so that noone can leave a comment...though I do get enough spam to know that something is working properly. Most artists require a certain amount of support and 'petting' to spur them on and encourage them to improve. I love the interaction between artists, the volley of ideas and inspiration, and the thought-provoking critiques. If you are so inclined, please comment occassionally and encourage me to continue...I love what I do, but I want to get better. Or am I completely wasting my time as an artist, and need to go back to housework and volunteer work??