Friday, February 18, 2011

Artist's Heart


ARTIST'S HEART
I need the gentler moments,
No crisis every day
To grow and be creative
And find my artists' way.

Van Gogh could use his anguish
To fuel his passions' fire.
But me, I need tranquility
To find my heart's desire.

Da Vinci found his calling.
Picasso,  Rembrandt, too.
But I struggle daily to find my place,
Scared to know, afraid to do.

Art's a mirror of yourself,
The soul a door, the heart a key.
Exposure means taking a risk
What if it's NOT for me?!

I need the peaceful moments
To calm my fears and start.
It's all inside, each stroke, each line,
I'm an artist in my heart.
--written by Rose Altom


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love it! It says so much about you as an artist and a person I love as a friend. I do wonder what you would paint in one of those really hectic days..........lol