Saturday, February 5, 2011

Unfinished Paintings

I  have decided to be brave, and admit to a real problem of being unable to finish most of my paintings.  Initially, I blamed my first art teacher.  She was a good and a bad teacher in that she encouraged my natural talent, but when I got close to finishing a drawing, she would take it away from me and finish it herself 'so I wouldn't ruin it'.  Today, I realize that she had some real issues herself, and she passed them on to me.  That doesn't really resolve my problem, however.  I thought that visually blogging it out might help.  So I am showing you all some of the paintings that I can't finish because I think they have potential, but I am afraid I am going to ruin them.  What do YOU think?  Do you think I should get back to them, or throw them in the fires of art hell?

"The nut doesn't reveal the tree inside it"    --Anon.

1 comment:

ddm said...

I think you should complete your paintings so you can show your visions to the people of the world. An unfinished painting creates an unclear image. Your paintings are beautful and all should be completed, and shared with the world. Exept the gahrials, keep those.