Thursday, August 30, 2012

SEASHELL MADNESS 3: THE FINAL SHELL


This final seashell is so colorful, yet so tiny!  It is the size of your fingernail, and what I find most interesting about this type of shell, is that no two are exactly alike.  They even have differences in their colors.  Their stripes are sometimes wide, sometimes not there at all.  My children used to love finding them at the beach, as they seem to burrow down into the sand, and you have to dig them out. A friend of mine tried to make soup out of them one year, but OH! The nastiness of it! The sea gulls and terns like to make a snack of them. I like to draw them. They are fragile, thin shelled creatures loved by all!  I don't know what I will draw next week, but there is certainly enough out in the world to choose from!

No comments: