Tuesday, October 16, 2012

ARTIST CHALLENGE #72 LANDSCAPE


This is the painting that I have submitted for the latest Artist Challenge #72, landscape.  It is a really large painting, 24" x 36", done in oils.  This was the view that I had every evening when I was living in Biloxi, MS.  We were fortunate enough to have a house on the Bay, and my sunroom looked out over the water.  It was one of the more exciting places that the military sent us, as we had an abundance of wildlife right in our backyard! (In case you are wondering, U.S. military bases are also wildlife preserves.  They are very conscious of preserving our precious land and resources.  I have dealt with antelope grazing in my front yard in Wyoming, roadrunners roaming the streets in New Mexico, and in Mississippi, we had nutria, alligators and herons in our back yard!) Our house in Biloxi is gone, a victim of Katrina several years ago, but my memories of living here, watching the dolphins in the bay, the lurking alligators, the herons catching lizards in the bushes, are still vivid, and wonderful!

 You can visit the Artist Challenge website here:  http://www.theartistchallenge.com/

No comments: