Sunday, October 14, 2012

STILL LIFE USING COLOR


 
This is another of my home still lifes.  I was inspired to put these items together because of their color. The green has a lot of depth, and the turquoise blue just pops! It is unexpected enough to keep it from being boring.  I look for lots of color in my life and in my paintings, and this is a tiny scenario that shows that off.  I used the texture of the bamboo fan behind for some interest as well.  Many years ago I was inspired by a science fiction artist who painted alien portraits...he used texture in all of his backgrounds, posing his aliens before backdrops of limestone walls, Egyptian murals, and crumbling frescos.  What an inspiration it was!  I seriously considered portraiture because of this artist, and I hope eventually to use this idea of texture in more of my paintings!

2 comments:

Mike said...

nice amazing websites, I came here for some inspiration,
Asian Weddings Photography

Rose Altom said...

Thank you so much! I am constantly looking for new inspiration, so glad to have something on to inspire as well.