Sunday, February 24, 2013

SUN ART CHALLENGE


 
 
I have never participated in the annual Sun Art Artists Challenge.  It is an exciting event, especially for those fans of CBS's Sunday Morning Show.  So many of the challengers have gotten their sunny faces featured on the weekly show, that I am a bit intimidated.  However, this is my year to try new things, take a few risks, and enjoy the challenge of venturing into new territory.  This is a basic sketch of a sun face, the first of many before I decide on a design for a painting, to be submitted in April.  The face reminds me of the Green Man face seen in so many gardens..an homage to the living creature that is nature.  I am treating the Sun Art in a similar manner...the sun as a personified living entity that keeps our earth warm, growing, and full of life!

No comments: