Thursday, February 21, 2013

WHAT TO DO WITH A BAD WATERCOLOR...MAKE A BOWL!



I have done a lot of watercolor 'practice' paintings over the years, and tried in vain to find some redeeming values in them to frame.  Eventually, however, I faced facts.  They were no good! Awful, in reality!  So what do you do with them?  Well, for this project, I tore them up and repurposed them into a bowl!  I took a plastic mixing bowl, flipped it over and wrapped it in foil and Saran, and then started tearing up bits of paintings to decoupage over it all.  I added a few dried leaves to add interest, (I used gel medium for my 'glue') let it dry for a few days, and then flipped it back over, taking out the plastic bowl and the foil and Saran.  I am very pleased with it, and love the flowing colors from the paintings!

No comments: