Friday, July 8, 2011

CREATIVE BLOCKS


LAUGH OUT LOUD!
One of my blocks to finishing a painting is 'atychiphobia', or fear of failure.  (I also have decidophobia, the fear of making decisions, where I can't make up my mind what to paint at ALL!!)  The fear of failing is in all of us, but a high self-esteem can be a big help in knocking down that particular block.  If you are confident that you will do a perfect job, or that you can do everything well - you are probably fairly abnormal and need psychological help.  For the rest of us, there is going to be self-doubt, nerves, and general worry that our mommies won't like our work.  For me, confidence can be found through loads and loads of practice, deep breathing, and keeping the eye on the prize---expressing yourself!  I would LOVE to hear what works for you! 

No comments: