Friday, September 21, 2012

MORE PICASSO-ESQUE DOODLES


I am still playing with the ART DOODLE BOOK, and I will tell you why...I am in a slump! A creative cave of darkness (aren't most female artists emotional drama queens?) I am trying to get a jump start back after some difficult, soul-sucking, creativity-draining (and thankfully fairly minor) times. Unlike Van Gogh, Monet and Kincaid, I am not at my best when I am feeling stressed, whiny, or hormonal. Thank goodness for those creative people who have the little tricks of the trade to get back on the artistic tracks!  I am enjoying the Picasso playground.  Above is my Picasso Pookiebear...that started out as a blank page with a circle and a comma.  The comma reminded me of a pacifier, and it went from there.

This page started out with the outlined foot. I chose to do a scene with this one, a self-portrait.  The woman walking up the stairs is me, ultimately tripping over the cat. I have added  a wonky window and a still life with violin, and wallpaper asteroids. This is the first flattering self-portrait I have done, so don't laugh!

No comments: