Monday, September 3, 2012

PAPER PARASOL STILL LIFE

 

 
 
 
I found these wonderful paper parasols in an international discount shop for only $3 a piece! I loved the geometric ribbing on them, and the hand-painted bird scenes.  I actually have gained more inspiration from these pieces for their simple color pallette and inked outlines.  Being a nature lover, I loved the choice of birds, but I was also thinking that it would make the most wonderful painting to add all of those sharp rib lines to an outdoor scene. Almost like a stained glass piece. The idea is still spinning around in my head.  I am sure one day it will solidify and I will be able to start a painting.  These parasols are softening the lighting over my garden tub at the moment.  Every time I turn on the lights I feel that golden glow and a glimpse of serenity!

No comments: