Tuesday, September 11, 2012

NAME THIS SKETCH! DRAWING FROM FEELINGS



This is something new for me.  I decided to try drawing feelings that I was having about dealing with a parent with Alzheimers.  My mother-in-law has the beginning diagnosis, and hubby and I are feeling conflicted, to say the least! We have no desire to take away her independence, but she is acting more and more erratic. We want happiness for her, don't want to take over her control, don't want to 'parent' the parent...we are stuck between a rock and a hard place. If we move in any direction, we are upsetting her, but we can't NOT do something, right?  Yikes! This little guy is pinned to the floor with no way out that will not be horrifically painful.  'Stressed' is not even close to the right word, or title.  Can you come up with a title for my unhappy little guy?

No comments: