Friday, March 11, 2011

ART SUPPLIES

Is it just me that gets excited when entering an office supply store?!  I LOVE art supplies, pens, sidewalk chalk, and funky paper clips!  An entire world of possibilities opens up when I see a box of crayons.  You rarely see a grumpy person in Hobby Lobby.  They are all wandering around with a dazed, starry-eyed look, pointing to the paint and making "Ooooo!" sounds.  We become children again when it comes to art supplies.  I have always used acrylics to paint with, but I came across oil paints in a store one day that had such a good price tag that I HAD to get some, and discovered the joy of painting in that medium.  I found a djaunting (and I KNOW that I spelled that wrong) tool, and was so intrigued that I learned how to do batikking just so that I could use it. I have more kinds of pens than I will ever be able to use in a lifetime, simply because they were too irresistible to pass up.  I could probably open up a supply store myself, but I couldn't bear to part with any one of them.  It is an addiction.  A curse. What is your favorite thing to look for in an art supply store?  Do you have every brush that they have ever made?  Or every shape of canvas you can find?  Do you have so many colors of beads that you will never be able to use them all?  Be truthful...I am not the only one who has to buy just one more pencil!

No comments: