Thursday, March 10, 2011

Bay St. Louis, MS Artist
There was a funky little art gallery in Bay St. Louis, MS before Katrina days, that featured the local artists, and I fell in love with a piece that I call a Memory Frame. The artist took basic stretcher bars, and glued all manner of jewelry all over it, and put in a mirror. I don't recall the artist, and she never signed the piece that I bought, but I fell in love with the concept and decided to make one with my own memories.  I chose an nine by eleven set of stretcher bars and painted them chocolate brown.  I then picked out my 'memories', jewelry from when I was a child, one earring left from my wedding day, a broken handle from a tea cup I had as a child, a chain from my daughters' first necklace...and I epoxied the heck out of it all!  I must have gone through 2 tubes of epoxy, making sure that none of my memories fell off!  I liked the frame so well that I never did put a picture or mirror in.  I hope you like it, too.  Every time I look at it, I smile, and think of all the good little bits in life that we can make into something special.

No comments: