Monday, March 28, 2011

Journal Class A Hit!

Happily, the Altered Book Nature Journal Class was a hit.  It was such a positive experience for me and I hope for the students involved.  I always find that in teaching, I learn so much more from my students than they can possibly learn from me!  Everyone did such unique and different work, and they had great ideas.  One of my students brought an ancient textbook from the late 1800's, and splashed black paint on the pages, then mounted all of her black and white photos of landscapes on them.  She also glued large pressed flowers to the pages and covered them with wax paper.  In the top photo you will see that one of my students decorated the front of her book with leaves and acorn caps as well as a photo from an old calender.  Inside she mounted photos that she framed with twine and feathers, as well as wasp nests.  All in all it was a fun Saturday spent creating.  I was incredibly inspired by all of the enthusiasm, and the feeling of excitement generated by learning something new.  What a wonderful experience!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow Rose, they all looked so cool. What great ideas they came up with. I was worried it would be too much for you and there you are just having the time of your life. Great job.