Tuesday, March 22, 2011

I WILL BE GONE FOR A WEEK....


I will be gone for a week, so send good thoughts for the Altered Book Nature Journal class.  With my  'Progress Report'  foremost on my mind, I am setting a few art goals while I am away.  I plan to bring a canvas with me, and paint something ...I am not sure what.  My sketchbook will come with me, of course.  Also, the area has some delightful art galleries, and I hope to get a bit of inspiration by seeing what others are inspired by. 
I have an upcoming art show in June that has the theme of Missouri Nature, and I will be doing a bit more research on some mushroom-inspired paintings that I plan on finishing.  I have a partial painting done of a Morel mushroom, and want to do 2 more companion pieces to go with it, but haven't yet chosen the subject mushrooms!  Better get busy with that.  I also want to paint two more in a series of miniature butterfly paintings.
See you in one week!


"As you walk and eat and travel, be where you are.  Otherwise you will miss most of your life."                      ---Buddha---

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

A week seems like a long time to be gone! I hope your class went great, I know your Mom is so proud of you! Can't wait to see how your class went, I like the very mini muchrooms you find in moss or are they fungus.....? Linda