Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Attempting to Perservere!

I will be out of town for longer than anticipated, but, ever the artiste, I have been working on a few small creative endeavors!  My mother has fallen and broken her shoulder, so while I have been driving her insane with my concern, I have also been doing a bit of sketching, and have almost finished a small painting.  It certainly helps to focus my mind a bit during the quiet moments, and I am learning that art can really be a sort of meditation and calming influence during those times when you are near to panic.  I had once considered art therapy as a vocation, and I can see that it would have been a really viable choice.  Because I don't have access to my photos, other than the few I brought along, I will share with you a collaboration:  my husband carved this wonderful ostrich egg, and I painted the hummingbird in metallic paints.  Look for an upcoming picture of my soon-to-be-finished latest painting of an iris, when I can  figure out how to download onto an unfamiliar system! For those who know and love my creative mother, she is hanging in there, and will soon be having surgery...she is curious to find out if magnets will stick to her once she has the metal plate put in her shoulder. She is such a trooper!

No comments: