Saturday, April 2, 2011

Iris Painting

After several days of intense study (remember I am NOT tech savvy!) I figured out how to download a picture on this alien computer.  I am really proud of this painting!  It is a departure from some of my more somber paintings, and it is a lot looser in style.  I had loads of fun trying to get that luminous quality that irises have, and I wanted a joyful emotion to shine through.  It is a small canvas...5"X5", and I turned it on an angle to get the most height and more, to look at it in a different way.  As a child, we are open to tipping our heads sideways, and turning upsidedown to look at things with a new perspective.  I wanted that childlike quality of seeing with this painting. 

1 comment:

Secret Admirer said...

Very nice!! I can't wait to see it in person.