Tuesday, April 12, 2011

I find that art is a gateway to looking at the world in a different way.  Artists see uniquely.  They search for their reason for being through what surrounds them.  It doesn't have to be visual, either.  I knew of an artist who sculpted stone to cast shadows in a visually exciting way.  His work was two dimensional AND three dimensional.  It gave me goosebumps to look at his work.  And he was blind.  Wow! And I fuss about a blank canvas!  Artists have power to communicate without words, if they can only find their 'voice', their niche, their personal way.  I am finding my voice, slowly.    I am expanding my world.  I am learning what questions to ask.  I have found my rusty gate and I am forcing it to open!  I would be delighted to hear some  of your experiences in finding your own voice.  Please feel free to comment, to share, and to connect.

No comments: