Monday, April 4, 2011

I find lizards amazing! Odd thing to say, but from an artists perspective, think of the color! They change color with their environment, and attract a mate by flashing brilliant colors to announce their availability.  I would love it if my hubby would turn neon blue and flourescent orange to signal his interest!  Wow!     Today I sketched an Eastern Collared Lizard, and the ink didn't do it justice: however, this is a preliminary 'get-to-know-you' drawing in anticipation of a painting I have in my mind.  I want to break away from my usual high detail painting and do something flamboyant. Lots of color and a bit of texture, large canvas and fun, fun, fun!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

what grand ideas Rose! I am that way w/my beads. so many ideas, so little time. We really need to hire a cook and housekeeper and yard man too. Love your lizard, and lizardie ideas.