Sunday, April 3, 2011

BUTTERFLIES ARE FREE...

  I have LEANED on my art the last few weeks, something that I have never done before.  There have been many tumultuous times in my life when I have been unable to focus on the creative side.  My daughter once asked me why I couldn't paint during those difficult times, releasing the anger, fear or grief into that emotional medium.  I told her then that I couldn't paint unless I was at peace...I was wrong!  I simply didn't know how to express those feelings.  I didn't think I had it in me.  Experience is teaching me otherwise.
  I am finding new joy in painting my way through my emotions.  I have a million and one ideas bombarding me right now, begging to become emotion personified.  I can't explain why I have been pushing my emotions down into a tiny place inside me, but I feel as if there is a butterfly trying to break free, and if I am brave enough, you might just see a whole lot more of my creativity soon.  I am excited! I have a feeling of anticipation, like something new and joyous is about to happen.  I can hardly wait!

No comments: