Tuesday, April 19, 2011

"DRAW LIKE DA VINCI"

I have been reading a wonderful book...."DRAW LIKE DA VINCI" BY SUSAN DOROTHEA WHITE.  It is very insightful, and gives lots of practice sessions to help improve your drawing.  I have pulled a few little tidbits of information that has really hit home with me from this book.  
 One question that it asks and answers to a certain degree is "Why do I need to be an artist?"
 1.  Drawing helps us to focus.  ART IS AN EXPRESSION OF EXISTENCE, POWER, AND BELONGING TO OUR WORLD!!
2.  Drawing helps us to communicate what we can't vocalize.  WE NEED TO BE CLEAR ABOUT WHY WE ARE MAKING EACH ART PIECE.
The book also gives a few guidelines to drawing that I find rather intriguing.
a. Draw what happens around you.
b. Be careFREE not careFUL!
c. Creativity comes from chaos.
d. DO NOT ERASE- the lines you draw show movement, life and your own thoughts. 
e. There are no mistakes in your drawings!
I definitely recommend this book if you want to find more meaning behind your drawings, and I am loving the variety of projects suggested.


No comments: