Wednesday, April 27, 2011

MORE CONTOUR LINE


  In doing contour line drawings this week, I felt completely happy and fulfilled.  For those few moments, I was able to suspend the criticisms. I took joy in the creating, and the thrill of surprise when I looked at the creation afterwards.  It was exhilarating, free and I was fully open to the experience.  Is this what art is really all about?
I am less confident when I have ideas or am inspired by a thought, because I always have in the back of my mind the worry that the outcome will be less than what I envisioned, and so will be laughed at by others.  I need to concentrate on being more 'present in the moment', and enjoy the freedom of inspiration.  It is the first step, I think, in the journey of creating something that is expressing my own emotions.  I need to acknowledge that my inner thoughts are worth exploring and expressing.

No comments: