Thursday, July 19, 2012

WE ALL HAVE OUR OFF DAYS...DRAWING




I am really off my game this week!  My mom broke her foot, and I spent a few days in a panic, trying to make things better, and traveling about to doctors and hospitals. I lost a bit of focus and momentum, anyway.  I didn't have much ambition today...artists have a high percentage of depression, according to the media - and I certainly cannot contest that!  I dug out a few puny carrots and a radish to draw, not even considering an actual composition.  It really shows, and I will try to do better next time...I promise!  On the positive side, I did learn a lot about laying in shadows.  Out of everything on this drawing, I am pleased with the interest that the shadows brought to the sad little grouping!  Every drawing should be a learning experience, and a happy one!

No comments: