Monday, November 19, 2012

ARTIST CHALLENGE #74..ARTIST'S CHOICE



I have submitted my "Wyoming Winter" painting to the Artist's Challenge today.  I love working with Rusty, the fabulous webmaster...If you want to get your work out into the world, she is so helpful!  This painting is of a ranch on the northwestern side of Wyoming.  I wanted to make a big impact with a tiny painting (this is only 4"x4"x2") so I kept my palette minimal and used pure colors.  White, Ultramarine Blue, and Burnt Sienna with a bit of Burnt Umber.  I used really thick white paint, to give a feeling of heavy snow, and all the other colors were put on as thin glazes. I really do miss the snow these days. The northwestern states has such pure, clean air! Maybe someday I will be able to talk my thin-skinned hubby into moving back! 

Go to  http://www.theartistchallenge.com/  if you would like to see all of the submissions for the Artist Challenge!


No comments: