Monday, November 26, 2012

GATHERING NUTS


Well, I hope that everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving and a chance for contemplation and gathering of thoughts (or nuts).  I am greeting the holidays quietly this year...osterity being the key word!  I recieved my instructions for the critique art class I am taking.  The next class is in February, but we are to do 3 paintings...#1 painting is to inspire #2 painting, which is to inspire #3 painting, which is to be connected to #1 and #2...confusing!  I am wracking my brain to figure this one out!  I have been working on some sketches, which will be posted in the next few days.  I seem to be fixated on pattern right now. Do you find that when emotions are high, and stress is at its' peak, that you draw or paint more, or less?  I used to go into hiding when the world crashed in on me, and just eat!  These days I want to escape the nasty old world by creating something.  I would be very interested in hearing your experiences on this!

2 comments:

Susan said...

Even at my age, I'm still sometimes at the "eating will make it better" stage. I'm currently using my sewing machine to be creative, and even as much as I love to draw and paint, I always go back to jewelry making when I'm stressed or working something out in the old noggin.

Rose Altom said...

My comfort zone fluctuates madly, depending upon my stress level...i.e. family crises! Mild stress brings out the best in my sketching...Mother in law issues bring out the bad eating habits!