Saturday, November 3, 2012

LIFE CYCLE OF AN ART PROJECT

 
My art class with Fred Rawlinson was very productive this week. My favorite part of it, however, was his philosophy on the mental processes of a piece of art.  I want to share with you, AS HE STATED IT, the LIFE CYCLE OF AN ART PROJECT
 
1.  This is a GREAT IDEA!!!
 
2. Shucks! This is harder than I thought!
 
3. This really SUCKS!!! It will never work!
 
4. Depths of despair.....(but I've spent so much time on it! I better pull out all of my bag of tricks to make this work!)
 
5. This still sucks, but I MIGHT finish it...
 
6. This was a GREAT IDEA!!!
 
Fred did say, that without this cycle, the ups and downs and emotional connections to your work...the painting won't be a part of you.  It might be easier sometimes, harder others, but you have to have a connection to your work.  I am starting to believe him....
 

No comments: