Wednesday, November 28, 2012

MORE DRAWING BY THE FIRESIDE


I continued with my sketching by the bonfire, and the acorns were a bit more stable.  They didn't roll about too much, and I was able to play with the shapes and sizes a bit.  My biggest issue was that the pen kept skipping, as it was at the end of the cartridge.  I, being content by the fire and having downed a comfortable half glass of wine, was too lazy to head back indoors to hunt up a new pen!


 
I had been using the rake to keep my fire under control, and was pleased to be sketching it with a bit less of a need to make it 'representational'.  I do have in the back of my mind that need to become an illustrator ( and have been watching the Illustration Friday website with much interest) so I wanted to play a bit more with loose lines.  I am actually more pleased with this drawing than the other two from the day.  I have a LONG way to go!

No comments: