Sunday, May 27, 2012

BOTANICALS: SKETCHES OF FLOWERS






I am preparing for the Botanical Drawing class that I will be teaching June 14, 2012.  I wanted to have several examples ready for the students, so I dug out some of these sketches to use.  I do a lot of outdoor sketches for identification later, and I usually add lots of color and detail notes either on the same page or the next one.  I am looking forward to sharing some of my enthusiasm for daily, useful drawing.  So many people never draw after school ends, and they get scared of the paper, nervous that they will make mistakes and are reluctant to even try.  I want to share with them my need to record everyday life in pictures, and show them that you don't have to be perfect to draw, just feel the NEED.  I look forward to this opportunity, and I hope my students enjoy my efforts!

No comments: