Tuesday, May 15, 2012

A ROSE IS A ROSE IS A ROSE....


Because I am named 'Rose', my family and loved ones are very consistent about sending me roses for every celebration.  I cannot grow the darn things, so this is usually the only way I see them...with baby's breath, and ribbons.  I was excited to visit a friend recently who actually does grow the darn things (I find them difficult, prone to aphids and their thorns hide and bite unexpectedly...not at ALL like me, I am sure.) I loved drawing the buds and the leaves!  So much fun, and the lines were exciting.  The rose is soft petaled, so I added grey brushwork to give it a touchable look, and I left the abstract leaves and buds for interest.  Hope you like it.  I am planning a small painting with similar features, though I haven't decided what colors yet.  Any suggestions?

No comments: