Tuesday, May 29, 2012

PEACE IN THE FOREST: WATERCOLOR DEER

Peace in the Forest



I don't do a lot of watercolors...I find the complete loss of control terrifying, if you must know!  I wanted a special feeling for this particular subject, however, so I braved the medium and it came out rather nice, I think.  I find that my soul seems to come to rest when I am out in nature, and I really needed that feeling of serenity this week.  Painting something in nature calms me, makes me feel more connected to the world, and a bit less lonely.  This painting was done from a photo that I took while visiting the upper northwest of the U.S.  Parts of the countryside are lush and green, and filled with pines and deer. I wouldn't mind living up that way...I was born under a  wandering star!!!






Peace...detail

2 comments:

Canidae Art said...

I love this, I agree with your thoughts on watercolour, sometimes you have to just let them free! I would have perhaps added a little more detail on the deer, but its a very calming painting as it is :) Great work.

Rose Altom said...

Thank you so much for your comment! I wanted to add more detail to the deer, but just got nervous...watercolor is so different from my usual acrylics!