Friday, May 6, 2011

ARTIST CHALLENGE #50

I have submitted my "Spring Iris"  to The Artist Challenge - A Private Art Club for the #50 Flower Challenge.  I find the experience always stretches my 'risk muscles' and I love the helpful critique that comes along with the challenges.  This particular painting is frustrating to take a photo of because I painted it to be tipped on it's end, like a diamond.  No matter what I try, I cannot get the photo programs to allow me to display it in that manner, so tip your head slightly and you will view it the way I meant it to be. Techie I am not!  I enjoyed painting this piece so much that I plan on doing more in the Impressionist style.  I loved playing with the brush strokes, and there was not so much angst in figuring out where my stopping point was.  (That is always an issue with me, as I tend to overdo my paintings.)  Anyway, visit my Iris and all the many beautiful floral paintings at the Artist Challenge site and celebrate spring!

No comments: