Tuesday, May 31, 2011

ASPEN

LOVING GESTURE


I painted this 9x11 acrylic on canvas board for my husband.  It is a Valentine to him.  He was the one to introduce me to the beauties of wildlife, nature, and scenery.  I grew up in the suburbs, privy only to pets and fenced backyards.  When I met him, he took me hiking in the woods, hunting for mushrooms, looking for fossils, fishing and wading through streams.  What an amazing world he opened my eyes to, and I will be forever grateful to him for patiently answering all of my naive questions, and listening to me rattle on about the amazing butterfly wings, and the strange ways of the chipmunks.  Because we have moved so often over the years, I never got a chance to carve our initials into a permanent tree, so this is my way of carrying it with us always.


No comments: