Friday, May 20, 2011

COLORED PENCIL: ROSE PETALS


Every Anniversary, my husband has given me roses, a dozen red, with one yellow rose for each year we were married.  After awhile, it started getting really expensive, and difficult to find that many (we have been married for 34 years now) so he started giving me the most lovely red tipped yellow roses, and fuschia colored ones.  I would save them until the bitter end, when the petals were shriveling and falling off because I loved them so much.  I have even made rose petal beads from some of the anniversary roses.  My favorite way of saving those roses, however, is by drawing them, or painting them.  This rendition is one of my favorites, done in colored pencil and tracing every vein and crease.  Every time I look at this piece I feel happy.  Isn't that what art is all about?

No comments: